This has been my recent favourite supper! It is perfect for the long and cold autumn evenings. The combination of beetroot and coconut would give you an explosion of flavours, and the colour… just look at it!
- Bunch of fresh beetroots
- Can of coconut milk
- 400ml of water
- Small piece of ginger, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Small piece of chilli pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (I use the desiccated version for cooking)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Bunch of parsley for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC Fan/400ºF/Gas Mark 6. Wash the beetroots (do not peel them) wrap them in aluminium foil and bake for 50 minutes or until the beetroots are soft.
- When ready remove from the oven and leave to cool. Cut the ends, half and slice.
- Heat the coconut oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the garlic, chilli pepper and ginger and fry for about a minute. Add the beetroots and mix well. Pour in the water and the coconut water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- When cooled down, add the lime juice and blend in the blender (I use the Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Kinetix Control Blender for my soups – it is absolutely fantastic – I will make a separate review on it). Add salt and pepper if needed. Serve with fresh parsley leaves.
I discovered this recipe on one of the best Polish food blogs Jadlonomia it is full of yummy vegan recipes check it out!
2 thoughts on “Coconut beetroot soup”
Yum, definitely going to try this!
Let me know once you tried it! You will love it 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person